For the owners of residential and commercial properties, one of the absolute worst things to discover in your building materials is mold. The presence of mold can have devastating effects on the structural integrity of the building and deteriorate the indoor air quality, making it unsafe for people and animals to breathe.
When a homeowner or a business owner discovers that they have a mold problem, it is essential that they have a thorough mold inspection completed to make sure that all the obvious and hidden mold is found and then have mold remediation services performed as soon as possible.
At One Call Services in Santa Clara, California, our team of highly trained and certified experts will find and identify all the mold in your home or office, provide you with a complete overview of the mold remediation process, and then get to work quickly. We have the experience, skills, and equipment to make sure that surface mold, as well as microscopic spores, are eliminated from your building. Call now to request a free estimate for our mold remediation services.
How Do Mold Spores Spread?
Mold spores are microscopic, so they can easily be carried into your home or office on people’s clothing, shoes, and your pet’s fur. These mold spores are able to float through the air, seeking out areas where the conditions are just right for mold growth to begin. Once they find a dark, warm, damp location, then they land and the mold contamination starts.
Why Is Remediation of Mold Growth Important?
If you do not remediate mold from moldy surfaces, the air conditioning systems, and anywhere else that it may have developed, your mold problem will not go away on its own. A spot of black mold on porous materials can quickly turn into a mold infestation before your very eyes.
Restoration services are often needed when there has been an incursion of water in a home or building. Along with the obvious water damage, you will likely find moldy materials all throughout the location, especially wherever there was standing water. It only takes 24 to 48 hours for mold to begin growing on wood surfaces and other contaminated areas of your building. To prevent a full-blown infestation, black mold removal is absolutely essential.
Steps to a Successful Mold Cleanup
Many homeowners and business owners want to know exactly what the steps are to mold remediation, and at One Call Services in Santa Clara, CA, we are happy to share those steps. When you suspect that you may have mold growing in your structure, here are some critical steps to take to remove mold problems:
- Perform a thorough inspection for mold and testing: It is essential that you find all of the mold growth in your structure. If even a small bit of mold still remains, it will grow and begin to take over again. There is no reason to repair mold damage without making sure that all mold in the structure has been found.
- Get the area ready for remediation: If the mold is limited to only certain areas of the house or office, your mold remediation company can seal off the area to prevent contamination in other portions of the building. You will want to remove personal items or cover them with heavy sheets of plastic. At One Call Services, we are diligent in ensuring that no mold spores are able to contaminate the rest of your house while we remediate and clean mold in a particular room.
- Filter the air: It is critical that all mold spores are removed from the air, including in the air ducts and the HVAC system. The team at One Call Services uses specialized equipment such as air scrubbers and HEPA vacuums to ensure the air has been purified and the spores will not spread. Because molds produce allergens, you may have physical symptoms and allergic reactions if some spores still remain following the remediation process.
- Remove moldy items: Anything that has been touched by mold will need to be removed and determined if it can be salvaged through cleaning. If not, it should be discarded and replaced. Things like drywall and carpeting are among the items that are usually discarded because of their porous qualities.
- Cleaning: We can use our training and specialized techniques to clean your items as well as remove odors. Fogging can also be used for deodorization.
- Restore the building: If it was necessary to remove porous items like carpet, drywall, and building materials, those will need to be replaced. Our team will also be able to help with major reconstruction and renovation for areas that needed to be gutted due to mold.
If these steps are followed, your mold problem will be eliminated and you can get back to your normal life without having to worry about mold returning.
Contact Our Santa Clara, CA, Mold Removal Experts
If you are a resident or business owner in Santa Clara, CA, who has found mold in your home or office, contact the restoration experts at One Call Services. Our local technicians are available in the area 24 hours per day, 7 days per week to take care of emergency situations to ensure that your mold issue is addressed as soon as possible.
When you hire our team, you can rest assured that we have the experience, training, restoration certification, and skills to eliminate all molds from your structure and restore your building to pre-loss condition. We can also provide you with restoration work after other types of emergencies such as water damage and fires.
One Call Services is a family-owned and operated business in Santa Clara, and we are dedicated to 100% customer satisfaction for all of our restoration work. When you need a name you can trust with a team that is willing to go above and beyond providing emergency services, One Call Services is the company you are looking for.
Contact us today to get a free residential or commercial quote!