Unwanted and excessive water in your San Jose, CA, home can be a very destructive force. Standing water can lead to excess moisture in the home which can have severe effects on the structure of the house. Water damage will need to be repaired and the integrity of the building restored by an experienced water damage restoration company such as ours at One Call Services.
At One Call Services, we provide 24 hours per day, 7 days per week emergency rapid response to all of our customers. We are happy to offer free estimates for all water damage cleanup and restoration, and we strive to make our services affordable. Our licensed, bonded, and insured technicians will consistently communicate with you throughout the process, and our team can even help with your claim with the insurance company.
Why Hire a Professional Restoration Company with the Proper Equipment?
When it comes to water damage cleanup and restoration services, it is important that you contact professionals. Although property owners and homeowners may start out thinking that they could do the work themselves, they will quickly realize that it is a process best left to a professional restoration business.
A professional water damage cleanup crew will have the knowledge, training, and equipment to do the job properly. They also have the experience to know what to look for when it comes to secondary structural damage that may not be obvious. Our team at One Call Services is trained and certified, so we are well aware of serious water damage issues and how to repair them.
Additionally, experts in the industry will offer guarantees on their work and be available to you at any time of the day or night for emergency services. To prevent dangerous mold growth from developing as well as to maintain the integrity of your structural foundation and building materials, rely on the professionals in the restoration industry.
Common Water Damage Cleanup Mistakes to Avoid
Whenever a homeowner or property owner discovers standing water, a leaking pipe, or roof leaks, their first instinct may be to start cleaning the house by themselves and trying to save as many personal belongings as possible. This, however, can lead to even more water damage because the proper steps are not taken in the cleanup process.
Here are some common mistakes made during the water damage cleanup process that all homeowners and property owners should avoid preventing further damage:
- Waiting too long to start the cleanup: It is critical to begin the water cleanup process as soon as you discover the water and the damage that has already been sustained. The longer it is left unchanged, the more water seeps into the foundation and underlying portions of the building. The most common mistake that most homeowners make is not calling a restoration company quickly.
- Using the improper equipment for the task: Restoration companies have the right equipment for the job of extracting water and cleaning up any hidden damage. A mop and bucket will not be enough because the process requires industrial equipment.
- Fixing only the main reason that the flood damage occurred rather than the root cause of the flooding: If your pipe bursts, that is clearly the immediate reason for the water flooding your home, but it may not be the underlying reason for the water. To remove water completely, your restoration company will find the root cause and have it repaired.
- Not recognizing the existence of hidden water damage: It is important to know and recognize the existence of hidden damage in your home. Small water stains or the slight smell of mold may be the only indications of water damage, and an experienced team will be able to recognize the seriousness of these signs.
- Ignoring proper safety protocols: With unstable flooring, broken glass, debris in the water, and other hazards of flooding, there are certain safety protocols that need to be followed when dealing with a serious water issue.
- Not contacting an experienced crew for the restoration process: In the long run, homeowners will not regret contacting an experienced restoration company to complete the restoration process. It may not be possible to avoid water damage, but the time-consuming process of cleaning the flood issue does not have to take its toll on your life.
It is important to avoid these most common mistakes when cleaning up water damage to ensure that your home is restored properly without the risk of further damage occurring. At One Call Services in San Jose, CA, we are family-owned and operated, and we guarantee you will be 100% satisfied with our restoration work.
Contact Our Restoration Experts to Prevent Mold Growth and Water Damage
If you are a homeowner or property owner dealing with flood damage from unwanted water in your house, contact One Call Services in San Jose, CA. We provide a 24/7 emergency rapid response to all of our calls, and our IICRC-certified team will always follow industry standards.
From water damage cleanup to mold remediation, sewage cleanup to air duct cleaning, our team at One Call Services is here to provide exceptional customer service for our residential and commercial clients. Your flood cleanup will have a project manager dedicated to your home who will also keep you informed at all times of the progress.
Contact us today to learn more about water damage cleanup mistakes that many homeowners make and how to avoid them by hiring our professionals. We are here to serve the residents and business owners of San Jose, CA, and the surrounding areas 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Whenever your home or business has sustained water damage from flooding or another common water intrusion, you need the assistance of certified professionals. Contact One Call Services today for a free estimate for your cleanup job and to learn more about all of our great services. We guarantee you will be satisfied!